Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Breaking News

For some of you, "breaking news" will seem dramatic. However to my mom, we have major breaking news. Ellison has learned a new word.. N-Ma aka Grandma.

Almost everyday I drop Ellison off with Grandma and I head to class or work. Over the past few weeks, she has begun to become extremely excited as we approach the front door and will then automatically wave bye-bye to me once she is being held by my mom.

Yesterday, we arrived early at Grandma's house and awaited her return from the grocery store. Literally, my mom walked through the door, Ellison heard her voice, and screamed N-Ma. She then began to crawl her way over to my mom, repeating N-Ma, N-Ma, N-Ma.

Also, as reported in a previous post, Ellison knows the word App aka Apple. Today, we went to Toys R Us to buy a toy truck for her future boyfriend, Jack Whiteman (who just welcomed a sister). While in the store, we passed by some big balls. All of the sudden she pointed and said "App." I picked one (or three) up to buy (she is a rolling ball kinda gal), and she started screaming, "App, App, App, App." So I think she is denoting "App" with apples and balls.

No comments: