
Every year all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles gather in New Port Richey to celebrate an Ackley Family Christmas. Aunt Eva and Uncle Said deck out their home at Christmas time with themed trees (including Disney and UF trees), figurines, lights, and train sets. For a child, it is magical to walk around and look at all of the ornaments. Ellison enjoyed looking (and touching) the ornaments, taking all of the M&M memorabilia down and lining them up, watching Mickey and Minnie sing holiday music, and sneaking upstairs to give giant hugs to the oversized Mickey Mouse.
It is funny how children make Christmas so much fun! Growing up, I always loved the Ackley celebration. The family tradition gave us all a chance to get together, exchange presents, check out my Uncle's latest "big" boat, and celebrate the Holidays. It is nice that as years pass, we all still make it a priority to attend the Ackley Christmas.
I think it is even funnier that now I am the mommy that is cutting up someone's food, sitting their child at a table with "little" cousins, and saying things like "oopsie daisies".
No comments:
Post a Comment