Here is the god to honest truth . . . bed time is difficult at our house. I can blame so many things. . .
1. Myself - I feel guilty for not being home all day, so I indulge Ellison with an extra book or 5
2. Late naps - Ellison refuses to nap at school, so she falls asleep in the car and then is impossible to wake up until 5ish, sometimes 6pm
3. Late routine - by the time I make dinner, E takes a bath, and I start reading books it is already 8:30 pm
4. E loves me - She just needs mommy time. She wants to tell me about her day, hear about mine . . . you get the picture.
5. Night Owl - She goes to bed by 10pm, but sleeps until 8 am?
Tonight, I decided to blame all of the toys in her room. After the third time of walking into her room and finding the lights on and Ellison on the floor, I said, "Ellison, if you keep playing with your toys instead of sleeping, Mommy is going to move your toys out of your room." Her response, "Ok, lets move them." She then proceeded to move EVERY SINGLE TOY out of her room.
Wow, talk about that back firing. Not only did Ellison fall asleep at 9:30 pm (again), I now have toys all over the house. On the bright side, Ellison's room is clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I did the exact same thing with Garrett and it back fired too. He ended up helping me move his toys too. I was so upset. Lesson learned!
Post a Comment