Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quack, Quack

This may be the longest period of time I have gone without posting a blog update. Life has been crazy.  However, among all of the crazy, we have been able to take some time out and have fun.

Last weekend, we met up with my parents at the Maitland Art Festival for a quick stroll.  While Ellison and her Grandmother bought out the hair bow lady, Dylan was in love with chasing the Lake Lily ducks. 

In order to leave the festival in a peaceful manner, I bribed Dylan with a promise to return after school on Monday for a picnic. Always one to keep a promise (and it helps to have children that never forget), we ran home after school. While Ellison properly accessorized for the occasion, I packed a picnic with an extra loaf of bread. 


The family time was lovely and I am happy to report that Dylan loves the ducks.  In fact, the child has no fear of throwing bread directly in the duck's face...

 petting the wild and sometimes agressive duck...
and when all else fails, roaring at the ducks!

Afterall, the kid had the cards stacked against him when it comes to ducks...

Remember this guy?

He's the duck / goose that still haunts Graham in his dreams... I mean I have never seen Graham move so fast. Or this classic, throw the loaf and run for your lives...

 
This is one time, its good to be like his Mamma. 
 
On a side note, I do realize that payback for this blog post is coming my way.  I just can't resist posting that goose every chance I get. 

No comments: