Monday, July 21, 2014

Midnight and the Brain

I remember Ellison at 3 years old and our bedtime routine consisted of at least an hour of question and answer nightly.  It happened every night as I was about to turn down the lights and give a final kiss and hug good night, the gates would open and a game of 101 questions would begin. Her brain never quieted down, but instead the questions are now spread out throughout the day.

Well Dylan has picked up where Ellison has left off.  Our nighttime shenanigans routine consists of 101 questions, where I basically have to eventually cut him off and ask him to think of his questions and to hold them until the morning.

Last night at 11:30 pm, the house was quiet except for Dylan and I.  A few of his "must know" questions:

1. How does my brain work? What does it do?
2. How does my heart work?
3. So is it moving slower since I am laying down?
4. Am I breathing slower?
5. What do the insides of sharks look like?
6. Why can they see underwater easier then I can?

I have often said that my children are so difficult to put to sleep because they are so smart. Their brain is just difficult to quiet down.  I love the questions (most of the time). And I think it is obvious after last night that I am on to something.

No comments: