1. Never ask your child prior to their departure what they want to dress up as for camp's "costume day". First you will not receive an answer and second, if you do, they will change their mind. My children did not answer, so in my haste I packed them capes and called it a day. Ridiculous on my part because obviously superstar Ellison would never agree to just a cape.
2. Realizing my mistake after sending the kids to N.C. and being todl repeatedly of my mistake, I decided to be a superstar Mom and order the Superman and Superwoman costumes that said children so desperately desired. Thanks to Amazon 2 day shipping, the costumes would arrive to NC exactly one day prior to costume day. I am awesome, right? So wrong... apparently I shipped the costumes to Florida.
Parent Fail. (with best of intentions to not fail of course)
Luckily, the kids have the best Grandma and one trip down the mountain and an hour at Walmart, Ellison and Dylan had their perfect costumes...
and, yes, Dylan's legs are green!

No comments:
Post a Comment