Saturday, April 23, 2016

Our Final All Saints Pet Blessinge

 At my first All Saint Pet Blessing, I brought our maltese, Bella.  It was the ultimate "fail" in my opinion.  Just as the blessing was about to begin, Bella pooped. It was a small "pellet - size" poop, but it was poop.

As I panicked, and oh, did I panic, a dad walked up and began to sit down next to me and exactly where the poop was.  My immediate reaction... I grabbed the poop.  I held the poop through the blessing.  Was it gross, yes.  It was absolutely disgusting.

Did it get worse?  You know it did.

After the poop was discarded and my hands were thoroughly and repeatedly washed. I was having a conversation with the school director.  That is when Bella decided to pee, in front of her, on the rug.

I decided to skip the next year's blessing.

However, I am always a glutton for punishment and once Dylan reached the age to attend, I was there with an animal.  Our first year, we brought a fish.  The last two years, we have brought turtles.

Luckily those animals are easier to handle.  I have even had to bring them to an early meeting morning and store them in purse.  "Oh what the noise, its just a turtle in my purse."
 Dylan is my animal lover.  The pet blessing is a big deal to him.  And, well, look at the smile.  So worth it!

No comments: