For the past few months, Ellison has enjoyed pointing out stop signs. It makes for a great car game and has been a lifesaver in the "ways to distract" department.
This morning on our way to school, I pointed out Lakemont Elementary school and said, "this is where mommy went to school." All of the sudden she got really excited. The excitement was not due to my fond memories at Lakemont, instead it was about this...
"Oh my, stop sign in hand. Stop sign in hand!"
"Look, momma, STOP SIGN in hand!"
My response, "The lady is a crossing guard, she protects kids."
E's response (I kid you not), "Momma, me crossing guard?"
I responded, "You want to be a crossing guard?"
E's response, "Yes, crossing guard, wear pink. Ok, momma? Drive purple car, too. Ok!."
We have our first set of career goals. I am so proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment