Sunday, November 21, 2010
It's all kind of interesting
It's all kind of interesting... one week ago, we discovered a leak in our utility room. Well actually we discovered a wet mat in the middle of the floor with no explanation. 24 hours later, I went to let the dogs out at 4 am and stepped on a wet oriental carpet in my dining room. Turned on the lights to find water seeping up from the wood floors. It ends up we had a pipe leak in the utility room that spread throughout the house. And as a result, all of our new wood floors are being replaced, our house is being repainted, carpets and couches cleaned, kitchen baseboards and laundry cabinets being replaced, and the entire house replumbed. Can I add in that we moved in April to this house after remodeling for several months?
In the end, we just have to laugh at it all. The 4 am wake up call took place on the Monday before Dylan's Tuesday arrival at 12:30 pm. Our clean, ready for baby house is now a wreck and not livable. So we left the hospital and moved in with my parents for a few weeks. The great news (especially for my parents) is that Dylan is a sweet baby that sleeps at 3 hour intervals at night. He rarely cries. And we have the amazing benefit of having my parents around for extra hands. Home cooked meals, help with laundry, and extra assistance with a 2 year old is really more than anyone with a newborn could ask for.
So in the end, we will just laugh about the flood and Florida Catastrophy Unit that is stationed at our house. And instead we will just enjoy the next few weeks as a family. Can I add that I have the best parents in the entire world? Well, I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment