| Looking for Santa. A family tradition that started with my lovely Uncle Wayne and continues with Brett. |
| Art showing off his high number for the Dirty Santa game. |
| Ellison refused to smile with me. |
Family traditions are a wonderful thing. Every year, the Beamans gather on Christmas Eve at my parents house for dinner, dessert, and gifts. The Acacias stop in after 10 pm for some hugs and exchange of gifts. And after everyone is gone, my Mom brings out one gift for her three girls... new pajamas. Historically, the opening of the pajamas turns into begging to open other gifts, but we are getting better with age and now only Kimberly begs (she loves to give gifts early).
There are only a few requirements for the evening, mainly we all have to be there. Others have joined us (always welcome), however, the both Beaman families are always present. Over the past few years, we have had a few major changes to the Beaman clan. First, we welcomed Ellison and have enjoyed every minute of Christmas Eve with a child present. Last year, she was stealing M & Ms and attempting to walk in her first pair of princess heels (thanks to Andy). This year, she was dancing, singing, giggling, and reminding us all of the spirit of Christmas.
Another change, took place last year when my beloved and very much missed Uncle Wayne passed away. Tears and memories were exchanged last year as we all were healing from the loss. This year, one of our wonderful traditions started by Uncle Wayne was passed on to his son, Brett, to carry on. Every Christmas Eve, Uncle Wayne would call us outside to look for Santa. And sure enough we would spot him up in the sky with Rudolph leading the way with his blinking red nose. (If you are not sure how, call me and ask and I will fill you in) This year, we were ready to start the tradition back up. I think it was my favorite part of the night, it reminded me of a wonderful person and I saw my beautiful daughter believe in something so magical and wonderful.
Our last change is our newest addition, Dylan. Last Christmas, I was not pregnant and had no idea what 2010 would bring. As I ran through the stores doing my last minute shopping with Dylan in tow, I thought about how blessed I am to have two beautiful and healthy children. I look forward to next Christmas Eve were I am sure I will have two children with sparkles in their eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment