There are some experiences that you walk away from and just think, "wow, that was awesome"! Our fishing charter on the Spanish Sardine in St. Pete was one of those experiences.
Ellison and I planned the trip as a birthday surprise for Graham. Let's face it, a day long fishing excursion with a three year old could have gone either way. Captain Rios encouraged me to make it a family trip and I am so happy that I listened. Graham, Papa, Ellison and I had a great time catching a total of 19 fish! Most the of the fish went back into the water. The coolest catch of the day was a puffer fish. The worst catch of the day, my first catch, a lizard fish (lizards are gross). The most coveted and tastiest catch was a 23 in trout.
So the absolute best part of the day happened the during the last 10 minutes of the trip. Ellison all of the sudden wanted to fish like the boys. This meant switching from the pink pole to the orange one and standing at the front of the boat - like the men. It was the end of the trip, so as Ellison was reeling in, she found a small fish on her hook. She broke out in a celebratory song and dance with the largest smile ever. What we did not tell her is that the small fish on the hook was the bait fish :)
Life is lovely! Thank you Captain Rios for the amazing day! I can't wait until Dylan is old enough to join us.

1 comment:
Jen, I love the post! So glad you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment