My Sweet, Loving, Super-Fabulous Girl...
went from LOVING EVERYTHING about her Little Brother...
to being ANNOYED by her little brother!
And, well, this Mother Duck is EXHAUSTED!!!!
Two weeks ago, the fighting began. It was almost as if I had taken a time machine backwards into my childhood. I remember the hair pulling, name calling, and slamming doors. I can and will only admit to the slamming doors, of course!
Little brothers (and sisters) can be so annoying! I get it. I understand it. BUT, I never really knew how exhausting it could be to deal with it. I have a new level of sympathy for my parents.
So what happened? First, Ellison turned 5 and is heading off to kindergarten. She is trying to figure that all out. Second, Ellison and Dylan spent a whole month of summer together without breaks. The second one is crucial because there are only so many times you can be "okay" with your brother knocking down your magna tile castle.
Luckily summer camp started last week and Ellison and Dylan are now happy to be with each other 87.637% of the time. The remaining percentage of time is spent like this:
*Dylan breathes
*I move my head
*Ellison states, "Mom, you love Dylan more than me."
*I say, "Ellison, that is absolutely not true. I love you both."
*Ellison then screams, marches down the hall, and slams the door.
I can't wait for the teenage years. It's going to be a blast!

No comments:
Post a Comment