Monday, August 10, 2009

It can't be Monday...

Ellison's first ponytail!

Waiting patiently for her daddy to take her to the pool.

Or maybe not so patiently... throwing fit.


I don't want it to be Monday... wah, wah, wah. For several reasons, first, the most obvious, most people don't like Mondays because they mean the weekend is over and a work week has begun. And once again, the Clarks had a great weekend. Saturday was spent at Farmer's Market with Aunt Kim and Uncle Art. Sunday, Daddy took Ellison to Grandpa and Grandma's house to swim and I had brunch with Kavita and Ashley at Circa. All of this fun was followed by a trip to visit with Uncle Wayne and then a date night. (Thanks Rihana for babysitting)


Second, next Monday is "Meet the Teacher" Day at Ellison's new school. Which is kind of fun because I know she will love, love, love school, but sad at the same time. Luckily, we are all set with a fabulous new back pack and lunch bag :) I know I am ridiculous.


Third, it means I have two weeks left of summer :( Going back to school is not daunting for me, I actually enjoy it. However, I really dislike being away from my family for dinner, bath and bed time. Although, Ellison is very young and will not remember that I was not there, it is nice to be there. And I stand by the practice that a family should eat dinner together every night (well most nights) at a table without TV.


On a much more positive and not depressing note, Ellison picked up the words "bow", "cow", "stick", "Ashley", and a few others over the weekend. This morning, as we were driving to see her nanny, Karen, I asked, "Are you excited to see Karen?" She shook her head, smiled and started laughing. It was pretty darn cute. We also have a game in the car where she says, "Mom" and I say "Ellie" and we go on and on and on. Gotta love that sugar bean.


Happy Monday!

No comments: