Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lipstick, orange paint, and ketchup




What do lipstick, orange finger paints, and ketchup have in common? Well if you look close enough, you can find them all on Ellison's shirt. Let's just call them remnants of a Monday.

The lipstick is one of Mommy's many life lessons on keeping an eye on her little girl when she is playing with makeup. Why, you ask? Well, let's just say that Ellison decided to finger paint with Mommy's lipstick all over the family room and her brand new outfit this morning. Disclaimer to her teacher, "I promise that Ellison does not have blood on her shirt, it is lipstick." Trust me, the disclaimer was necessary and the outfit was to cute to change.

This afternoon, I picked up Ellison from her first experience in extended day (we miss you Grandma - come home). I must say it was very cute to find her cuddled up on a mat, wrapped in a blanket, and sound asleep. As I picked up my sleeping beauty, I discovered Ellison had a lot of fun while awake today! Orange finger paint from a pumpkin themed day at school joined the lipstick smeared shirt.
And when Ellison woke up, what did she ask for? An apple. Cheese is officially out, Ellison's new favorite snack is a whole apple. It takes her about an hour to eat it, one tiny bite at a time. Needless to say, after her snack, Ellison would only eat one item on her dinner plate. Yep, that is correct, Ellison had ketchup for dinner.
You know I better head to bed, in a few hours, Ellison is going to wake up asking for an apple. Night, night.

No comments: