Ellison and I had a little adventure to the mall last night to re-pierce one of her ears. On the way, she fell asleep in the car and woke up as we were entering Nordstroms. Our first stop was the shoe department where she decided that she did not want to try on shoes or get a balloon. Just as I was thinking of getting back into the car and not forcing my sleepy and upset child to go through with the piercing, she looked up at me and said, "I thought I was getting me ears pierced." I immediately looked at the shoes salesman and said, "We'll be back."
Off we went through the mall only to run smack into the Easter Bunny (seriously ran into him... he was standing in the middle of our path trying to get kids into his area). Ellison willingly took a picture and then once again looked at me and said, "When are we getting my ears pierced?" So off we went.
We passed by the Disney Store, and Ellison did not bat an eyelash. We had a little line at the earring store and she waited patiently for her turn. I kept thinking to myself, "is this for real"? Then, she sat down in the chair and told the lady, "I'm ready." What?!? Yep, she never cringed her neck or cried. And in the end, she was extremely happy to have her ear re-pierced.
Did I mention that I promised we would stop at the Disney store afterwards? Oh, I didn't? Oops... I guess that may be why she was perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment