Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hilarities by E

Hilarity #1
Ellison dislikes her car seat.  She constantly complains that it makes her back hot.  So for long trips or on super hot days, we now bring an ice pack.  So it was no surprise, when she aired concerns about getting hot before we left for Grandma and Grandpa's house.  However, it was a surprise when she said this...
"Mom, can you get Grandma on the phone, I need to ask her if there is a short cut to her house.  I don't want my back to get hot."  Once Grandma was on the phone, she said,"Grandma, is there a short cut to your house? If there is not a short cut, can you have a glass of ice water ready for me?  Tell Grandpa, I need a glass of ice water when I get there, ok?"

Hilarity #2
Ellison has always had her favorite songs.  Currently, she loves "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz (or any of the artistic versions). Graham is constantly complaining that I need to introduce her to "good music".  So when he made Ellison her own CD of "her" favorite songs, he added in some "good music".  This morning as we drove to school, her CD started playing some of that "good music".  It led to this, "Mom, that song is a stupid song.  I know I am not supposed to say "stupid" and "stupid" is a bad word.  But Mom, that is a stupid song. It's ok to say that word when it's a stupid song."  Oh my, I attempted to tell her that she should still not use that word.  However, she continued with the same argument that when it's stupid, it's stupid.  I think I've got a future law partner.

No comments: