Monday, September 26, 2011

St. Pete Weekend






The Clark Family piled into the car on Friday to attempt an early arrival and a dinner out to celebrate Nana's Birthday. Thanks to Orlando traffic, we ended up with a 3.5 hour long car ride, picked up Tijuana Flats, and enjoyed a late dinner with Nana. Besides the traffic debacle, I would have to say it all ended up pretty perfect.

On Saturday, we spent the day with Papa at the beach.  Ok, I spent the majority of the time in the condo with Dylan, but Graham, Ellison and Papa enjoyed the beach.  Ellison has a tan to prove it.  Meanwhile, I am still a lovely shade of pale.

Later that night, Graham and I picked up a few friends and headed to Ybor City.  Don't worry, we realize that this is not the place to go to party.  And if we didn't realize it before, we certainly are 100% aware of it now.  We headed to Ybor to watch Graham's cousin, Dan, perform with his band Guiltmaker.  We stuck around for Peter Bjorn and John, but quickly departed afterwards to head back to St. Pete and enjoy the nightlife.

There is nothing like arriving back at the condo at 3 a.m. to find one of your children wide awake.  Well, I guess we lost Papa and Cheryl for all future babysitting jobs.  Maybe that is ok, because there is nothing like 2 hours of sleep to remind you why you don't party every weekend until 3 a.m. 

No comments: