Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

I did it. I actually went Black Friday shopping on Thursday night. Weird, right? Well, I noticed that Toys R Us was opening at 9 pm and in a moment of complete and utter stupidity thought it might not be packed and worth my time.  My reasoning was that everyone who worships Black Friday would be standing in line for the shops that open at midnight and not at Toys R Us. I was wrong.
Line wrapped around building. Once in (45 minutes past doors opening), 2 of the 3 items I had come for were gone.  Don't worry, I found a few other things that I needed. However, the real kick in the pants and why I may never ever do this again... the checkout line took 2 hours.  Really don't know if the ends, a savings of $77, justified the means? I would have to say no.

Ok, so since checkout took me 2 hours and I was departing the store after midnight, I decided to stop at Macy's.  Worth it. $150 saved. Once I left Macy's, I decided to stop at Ulta... worth it.

Wait, one more thought, even after saving $350, my kids still woke up in the middle of the night aka the time my head hit the pillow. Oh yes, and they still woke up by 7 am.

Anyways, I decided to to just keep chugging today.  No, I did not head to the malls.  I took Ellison and Dylan (by myself) to Sea World.  We had a fabulous day.  Sea World was empty and the kids were in great moods.  Major score for me!

Miss Too Cool and Mr. Along for the Ride



I took the kids by myself, so I was shocked when Ellison
had no problem riding alone.

Especially when the ride goes up high...
she rode it a couple of times.

Pure bribe to leave the park without crying.
Works every time.

No comments: