Monday, November 14, 2011

Spirited Child

I love everything about Ellison.  I have always loved how completely different she is from me as a child. I was extremely shy, attached to my Mom's hip, and was obedient to a fault. Where I am a complete introvert, Ellison is a complete extrovert.  I love that Ellison will go up to anyone, belt out a tune in public, and is constantly twirling and batting eyelashes to show off her latest fashion creation.  

I am in the process of reading Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka.  It was recommended to me as a great book to help understanding Ellison and her very strong personality traits. It ends up that I am also learning a lot about myself.  Basically, we both have extremely strong personalities. 

Now before my loved ones text me with a "hello, I knew that", I do realize that I have a strong personality.  Trust me I am lucky to have a husband who can put up with me! (I really mean this)  But, it ends up that Ellison and I may not be as different as I originally thought.  The key differencce between us is that she is an extrovert and I am an introvert.

So for a person (me) that rarely reads child-rearing books, I am really learning a lot about myself, Ellison, and picking up a few tips along the way! Happy Monday!

No comments: