Monday, April 30, 2012

Time to Reflect - 15 Years


Class of 1997 Party at Hannibal's Lounge
 There is something about class reunions that cause people to reflect on life. It just so happens that my 15 year high school reunion and completion of law school fell within days of eachother. So you can only imagine the amount of introspection that has been taking place in my head over the last week.

It is amazing to look back over the last five years and recognize all of the changes that have occurred in my life. Five years ago at my 10 year reunion, I recall specifically stating to high school classmates that I did not plan on having children. Happily immersed in my business as an event coordinator, I had no idea that a few months later I would decide motherhood was for me and decide to return to school.

Life is funny like that.

Over the last five years, I have been blessed with two children. They have changed me. My insecurities that I have held throughout childhood and into my adult years have almost vanished (we all still need a few- to keep us real) because I see my beautiful children that I love so completely and recognize myself in them.

So five years have passed, two amazing children later, and law school graduation is upon me in a week. I just wonder what the next five years will hold for me.



Family Fun Day with my future TPS kids!

I think Dylan had fun.

Bennett and Ellison... who knew 15 years ago that our children would be the best of friends.

No comments: