Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Blame My Mother!

On Saturday, Graham and I took Ellison to the Ringling Brother Circus. (No Pictures = FAIL) On the way home, I was making plans for a busy Sunday out and about, when my husband called me out and said I had problems staying home. (Ha, I realize this is not news for anyone who follows my blog.)

To my defense though . . . I blame my Mother! She was never afraid to venture out with 3 kids. One example, she took all 3 children, at a young age, to D.C. on a train by herself for a vacation.  Crazy? Yes. However, it was the most memorable vacation of my childhood.  Now anyone reading this is probably thinking (in a rather sarcastic tone), "yeah, and it was the most memorable vacation for your mothers too."  And well, you are probably right.  But doesn't that make for a great memory and a fabulous time?

Speaking of things I (or Graham) can blame my mother for. . .

We were driving past my old elementary school and the information board had info on a PTA meeting.  Graham turned to me and said, "I bet your mom was on PTA."  I responded, "Are you kidding me, she was President for a couple of years!" 

So it was no wonder as a child that when I would play with my dolls and role play, instead of heading to the grocery store, I would head to "meetings". And well, some things haven't changed!  My dolls are now named Ellison and Dylan. (Again, don't think this is a bad thing - PTA, here I come) 

Blame it on my mom, it's just who I am!  

Here are a few pictures of us staying at home . . .

I finally decided on a double stroller.
Woo hoo! Ellison loves it.

In fact, I took Ellison on a walk and happened upon my dog.
Yep, Graham and Nana had no idea that Bella had escaped.

Doesn't Dylan look so happy?

Ellison obviously wore him out!

Again, super happy!

After our walk to the park today.

No comments: