Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh Paci, where are you?

So what happens when you tell a two year old that she can only have her paci when sleeping? Well, in my case, I began to notice that I could no longer find any pacis.  Then Graham saw Ellison emerge from her playhouse with two pacis in her mouth.  So he inquired... and well you must love the honesty of a two year old.. . "I hide them". 

So on our way to school this morning, I asked Ellison about her pacis...

"I hide them under the couch." 
"How many did you hide?"
Ellison pulls out her hand and starts counting fingers, "1, 2, umm... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.  7 pacis!"
"There are 7 pacis under the couch?"
"Mmhmm."
"Why did you put under the couch?"
"I suck them and then I throw them and hide them."

So when I got home tonight, Graham and I checked under the couch. And well, sure enough Ellison was telling the truth - pacis galore! 

Later that night, when Ellison was caught with a paci . . ."I'm gonna hide it."  And she ran straight to the playroom and tossed it under the couch. 

I sure am going to miss this honesty when Ellison is older.

No comments: