Friday, May 17, 2013

Wedding of the Century

On Monday when I arrived to pick up Ellison, she ran up and told me that we needed to go shopping right away. She had nothing to wear to the wedding.  Now, Ellison's closest is full of appropriate attire, so I responded that I am sure she could find something.

However, when I opened her backpack, I found this sketch (and another one of just the dress)...

it was her design for the wedding. As Ellison described her ensemble, "I need a black dress with sparkly, colorful gems; long white gloves; your pearl necklace; my blue heels; my hair needs to be curly; and, my tiara that I got with Aunt Ashley at the wedding place."

How could I not indulge my creative child.  Off to Target we went.  She could not find the exact replica of what she envisioned, but she was happy with what she did find.  She held clothes up, thought about the different items, and brainstormed how to make gloves. And when there was not enough sparkle on the dress, she added a sparkly belt.

The result...

 At the end of the day, she came to the conclusion that fashion can hurt!  The belt, which she had turned around, had been bothering her all day.  She could not wait to get it off!

Oh yes, and who's wedding was the wedding of the century?  Q & U of course! 



 

No comments: