Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2 Year Check Up

Ellison had her 2 year check up today. Here are a few things about Ellison Adele:

Height: 36.5 inches
Weight: 33 lbs.
  • Ellison speaks in sentences. A few examples from today... "Mommy take me out of here." "Mommy, I am scared of Doctor." "Mommy my ears don't hurt anymore either." (All said while at doctor's office - fun experience? Um, no!)
  • Ellison's imagination has taken flight. She now play-acts with dolls and has conversations with them. She also frequently heads to "work" and the "grocery store". This morning she informed me, "Momma, I am going to grocery shop. I buying a car."
  • Favorite foods: Avocado, corn, mac & cheese, hummus, oranges, watermelon
  • Least Fave foods: Potatoes (unless in the french fried format), Beef, Green Hummus aka Guacamole (thanks Kim and Art)
  • Favorite Toys: Dress up magnetic dolls, play kitchen, piano, easel
  • Favorite thing to do with easel: Have Daddy draw a family of clouds and then erase Daddy's drawings. She also does this with Mommy's drawings.
  • New saying that I wish she never learned (and have no clue where she did): "Mommy I don't like you. I don't like you right now either!"
  • The word "Either" is attached at the end of anything that she does not want to do. Example "And I don't take bath EITHER." or "I don't need to go to the bathroom EITHER."
  • Favorite TV: Olivia and Tinkerbell!!!! (We are thrilled! No more Mickey Mouse- we need a break.)

Ellison is a very sweet little girl right now. There is no longer anything baby about her. All of her tantrums or defiant behavior are very short lived and always end with a kiss and a hug.

Ellison's new thing is ballet. She loves to dance and prance about. Aunt Ashley has taught her some fancy moves... I see a video in the blog's future :)

No comments: