Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beach Season begins




Ellison and I headed to New Smyrna Beach (NSB) for a week of fun. We arrived yesterday afternoon and skipped the grocery store to head straight to the baby pool aka "The Ellison Pool". We then decided to once again forgo groceries and ordered some yummy Manny's food. Nice start, huh :)

Well, this is where things remain awesome, but change up a bit. Why? Well, Ellison outgrew her playpen unbeknownst to me. So I spent the evening being kicked in the face and waking up to make sure the pillows were still blocking her from falling off the bed.

We both woke up a bit groggy and finally headed to the grocery store. The morning started off fine, until Ellison decided she wanted to hang out inside, yes inside, the condo all day. So we read books, played with her pool toys in the sink, played with her magnetic dress-up dolls, and colored. The saving grace... a monster nap and the arrival of Daddy (a complete surprise for E). Ellison immediately put on her bathing suit and happily went downstairs.

Daddy, Ellison and I built a sandcastle (well Daddy built, I stole sand to put in the fish mold, and Ellison stomped on the completed castle), played in the ocean, and swam in the pool. We then followed it up with JBs (delicious) and Frozen Gold (also delicious). The end result... Ellison fast asleep in a playpen that is to small for her, wearing her clothes from tonight, and sunglasses.

No comments: