Friday, March 13, 2015

Tori and Tucker Get Blessed

At some point I will learn to not mention upcoming dates to my children. However, in the meantime as I continue to make this mistake, I will share my idiotic tendencies with the world (or Ashley) in hopes they will learn from them.

So with a second child, you always question if they get the short end of the stick.  With Ellison, I made sure that someone was at every school event, including the school's pet blessing where we brought Bella, our very stubborn maltese (interesting story from that day).

In an effort to ensure Dylan is not in therapy for life over all of the things that I have not done with him, I  mentioned in advance the idea of bringing his turtles to be blessed. Of course, he was very excited and we made further plans with Ms. Rosie on how to bring the turtles and keep them safe for the day.

One problem... I was called into an emergency meeting for that same morning. So what does this mean?  Breaking my child's hear - NEVER!

Guess who attended the meeting with me... Tucker and Tori, the turtles.  Yep, big board meeting with two little turtles in a shoebox by my side. 

I then raced across town and made it right on time for the two little guys to be blessed... phew.  I will never, ever learn... I just know it. 


Dylan's turtles are officially blessed.