Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Break St.Pete Staycationish Part II

Luckily, I was able to take off work mid week and we were all able to head to St. Pete for the remainder of our Spring Break.  Graham's home town was the perfect place to enjoy the next few days.  We were lucky enough to enjoy time with Nana Nancy, see friends, and enjoy a few of the fabulous things St. Pete and Tampa have to offer.

The original plan was to hit Lowry Park Zoo on our way in. Unfortunately a few work calls later and my annoying (to my kids) need to clean house before we left, ran us a few hours behind schedule. So as the kids cried in the car about not making the Zoo, Graham and I made an impromptu decision to veer off I-4 and enjoy a lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.



After a fun lunch (slightly disgusting food - but I guess you don't go there for the actual food), we explored Downtown Disney.

Ellison loves to shop! So that was a win - win.  Dylan is happy most of the time.  So that was a win-win.  To top everything off and wrap up our side trip, we rode the hot air balloon.

In St. Pete, we were lucky to have the chance to visit Graham's Grandma Ruthie, who is about to turn 94.  Ruthie was doing great and we were happy to have the chance to see her... on the way to the Dentist!


Good thing my kids LOVE the dentist.  We are so blessed to have a family of dentists that treat us right.  Both kids were happy, all of us had clean teeth, and I am getting ready to brave invisalign.
No Cavity Wall!
Although the Dentist trip was fun and successful, we were ready to hit the beach! We ventured to Ft. Desota, which was a first for Ellison, Dylan and I.  The kids were very excited to be in the waves.  I was very excited to lay there!




Our final destination for Spring Break 2015... the Lowry Park Zoo.  Awesome Zoo, beautiful day, perfect grand finale for the St. Pete / Tampa Staycationish!















And the GRAND FINALE...

Easter Eggs and Davis!


Can't wait for Summer!

No comments: