Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Panic, I mean Pageant



Is it just me or is that Advent Calendar taunting me each morning?  I swear I can hear it saying something like, "Na na na na boo boo... Jenn, you better get your act together because there are only 6 days left."

So basically, I panicked this morning. My sweet kids did not help the situation.  After a lovely performance by Ellison at the All Saints School Christmas Pageant, Ellison and Dylan were both guilty of grabbing one to many cookies (or maybe 5).  As a result, they tossed and turned throughout the evening and I played musical beds. 

Sleep deprived (as always), cup of coffee in hand, both children woke up with a sugar hangover (and extra early).  Door #6 on the Advent Calendar was the last straw... it taunted me.

And tomorrow is Door #5.

Oh well, the good thing about me is that I panic and then move towards action. Panic is over, kids have come down from the sugar high, and present list is now checked.  Phew.

A few pictures to explain what sugar does to my children:

Sweet Dylan
You can see remnants of the first cookie all over his mouth.  The problem is that he snuck off and had more!
 
Sugared Up Dylan
Refusal to leave stage. Still cute, but on a sugar high.
 
Sweet Ellison
 
Sure, I will cooperate.
 
Sugared Up Ellison
Me? Cooperate?  Never!


  

No comments: