Monday, December 17, 2012

Ellisonisms in December

Time for a few Ellison stories...
When will I learn to not allow glitter in the house. Glitter is everywhere!
  •  I made a sweetheart deal with my kids this Christmas.  For $5 a week, they can make up their beds and keep rooms somewhat clean.  The purpose of the money (up to $25) was to buy their sibling a gift.  First week went as planned... $5 earned for each.  The second week Ellison explained to me, "We'll pass.  I have money in my piggy bank saved."  A few minutes later, she returned with an empty penny bank and a handful of coins.  She walked up to Dylan, handed him the money and said, "now you have lots of money to buy me a present."  She turned to me and gave me that "I told you so look". Beds have not been made since... way to smart of a kid for her dear Mama.

  • Ellison blurts out in the car, "I love Grandma more than I love you Mom.  She helps me clean my room."  Note: I refused to assist her the night before because she wrecked her room in retaliation. 

  • After telling Ellison to not talk back, she responds, "I really like the old you, better than the new you."  Later in the evening, I brought the Old vs. New discussion up to find out more about how she was feeling.  She responds, "The old one is back right now."  Phew.

  • I don't like lizards.  After Ellison tells me that we just walked by a large lizard, she yells, "Listen lizard, you better stay clear of my Mama.  I'm  the Oscar of Lizards."  Oscar is the shark slayer in a movie called "Shark Tale". It was her favorite movie when she was 2, but she hasn't seen it for several months.  Ellison has a great memory.

  • After two classmates got in a fight, I asked Ellison why they were fighting.  She responds, "They're both in love with me.  They fight over me all of the time." Ego, much?
After all these years, Ellison still makes me smile daily (hourly and up to the minute)!

No comments: