Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Girl Transitions

Over the next few months, Ellison will be going through some major transitions in her life. The biggest transition will of course be welcoming her new brother. However, before that happens Graham and I have decided it is time to say hello to the big girl bed and goodbye to diapers and paci. In Ellison's World, I am imagining the paci may rival the actual homecoming of a big brother.

A few weeks ago, we started with the big girl bed transition. I will deem it a success at this point because she likes having a big girl bed. She does not always fall asleep in it, and she rarely sleeps through the night. But hey a success is a success in my book.

Now for potty training, we have been working on that one for a while. I know she has the skills, I just need the time at home to eliminate the diapers and let her skills take over. So when exactly will I have this opportunity? Never :) I am committed to making the transition before her school starts in August.

And then there is the very much loved paci. My personal savior, the paci, has been in our lives for the past 2 years and 2 months (Ellison's life). I guess the transition may be life changing for me as well. The plan? To slowly eliminate the paci from everyday life. How is it going? Well check out a conversation between Grandma and E...

"I want a paci."
"Paci's are for nighttime."
"Um, paci's are also for watching TV."
still no paci
"Um, Um, Grandma, pacis are for right now."

No comments: