Thursday, July 8, 2010

Drama

Just thought I would share a few tidbits from this week with Miss Drama Queen:
  • After our wonderful weekend at NSB, E developed a major diaper rash (blame pool). On Tuesday, her summer camp called me to let me know that she was not a happy camper. So I picked her up early and brought her home. She then proceeded to walk around the house like a "Granny" saying, "my bum hurts." She would be stooped over and grasping the diaper cream while continously applying it to her "hurt bum". It was sad, but so dramatic... could not help but laugh.
  • She refuses to nap in her bed... so I have been finding her sound asleep on her floor. She then wakes up and calls me into her room for tea (which she had set up previously to passing out. . . apparently).
  • Throws fits at bedtime (reason why big girl bed is going into effect this weekend). . . last night after 15 minutes screaming my name, I walked in and she said in her saddest and most manipulative tone, "Mommy, I just can not lay down anymore." I asked her if she had tried to lay down. Her response, "No, I can not lay down anymore. Need to be rocked, in chair, and sing to me." Of course I gave in.

No comments: